Often my clients, subscribers, friends, colleagues, and participants in my programs ask me to offer summaries of my workshops, teleconferences, and seminars. Occasionally I do; usually I don’t.
I’ve always had a bit of a crisis of conscience in gifting something for free that others have paid good money to benefit from. Today is one of those rare occasions where I will.
Did I change my ethics? No. I reached a compromise.
Below is the summary notes of group teleconference I conducted for about 1800 people in a mentoring program I conduct with Jay Abraham.
Why the change? We decided to gift it to our mentoring group members as a bonus session at no-charge to them and as a supplemental call to their 13 month mentoring program. It’s called “Consciously Creating Your Future”
I believe we create our future—usually unconsciously. Our thoughts, the direction of our attention, our intention, actions, decisions, and things we focus on or ignore have the greatest impact on whom and what we attract into our life. When we shift our thoughts, our perspective, and our energies in a consciously directed, congruently powered mission of passion, contribution, and perfectly aligned action plan consistent with the goals and objectives most important to us, we can consciously create a new and better future.
Simply done? Yes, with an effective strategy, plan, and blueprint.
Two weeks ago, I conducted a two hour teleconference that was received with overwhelming enthusiasm. I included the summary notes for you as part of this blog. I hope and believe it will serve you well.
If you’d like a transcript or an audio-file of the entire call, please e-mail me at Spikehumer@aol.com. I’ll be happy to share it with you in its entirety as my gift to you. Feel free to share it, embrace what you find useful and disregard the rest.
Happy New Year.
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.” George Bernard Shaw
Consciously Creating Your Future
“Your results are the logical conclusion to the beliefs you have, the decisions you make, and the actions you take” Spike Humer
It begins with a clear and compelling vision; start by imagining what’s possible.
- What if there were no limitations
- Possible for some, possible for all
- Possible for one, possible for me
- The future creates the present
Write out a description of your ideal life; include the major areas of importance:
What do I need to create in my life and what do I need to accomplish to make it so?
It progresses with a focused system of beliefs
- We start with a belief and then find evidence to support it
- You’re either arguing for your limitations or your potential
- What beliefs do I need to change about myself or my capabilities
What new beliefs do I need to embrace about myself or my capabilities
It continues with an alignment of your beliefs, values, and actions
- Make a list of your values, the things you treasure most
- Make a list of the three most important goals in your life
Make a list of the most important things and people in your life
- What will happen when I accomplish this goal?
- What will happen if I don’t accomplish this goal?
- What won’t happen when I accomplish this goal?
- What won’t happen if I don’t accomplish this goal?
It’s initiated by action and sustained by attention
- Get started now; today is the time to change your life
What do I need to change in my life?
- What do I need/want/will start doing?
- What do I need/want/ will stop doing?
- What do I need/want/will start doing more of?
- What do I need/want/will start doing less of?
What is the most important thing I can do right now to get started?
It’s supported by a measured, monitored, and managed plan
Ask yourself the right questions
- What are the major actions, activities, benchmarks, and guideposts?
- What are the incremental steps I can take to accomplish my most important goals?
- What is the most important thing I can do right now?
What resources do I need? What resources do I have a available?
- Find a mentor or a model
- Enlist others to benefit in your vision and goals
- Am I closer or farther away from my goals right now
Success is not a straight road
Adjust, readjust, align, and realign
S.M.A.R.T. Goals Revisited
- Specific AND Strategic
- Measurable AND Meaningful
- Achievable AND Actionable
- Realistic AND Relevant
- Timely, Time-Phased, AND Task Oriented
Visualization, Meditation, and Prayer
“Pray as if it all depends on God (or the Universe) but work like it all depends on you.”
The Law of Attraction verses the Laws of Attention and Action